Tuesday 9 June 2009

The Adventures of Youneek in LA

Yoooooo!!!!

I'm here! 11 hours flight, and a 2 hours delay due to the fuel not operating properly with the plane, but I am here safe and sound! The fuel was not balanced properly on the plane, due to the computer malfunctioning, SCARY!! So we had to wait in the plane for about 2 hours while the fireman sorted out the issues!
Anyways I have been here for 5 days, and every day has been awesome so far. I have been so busy with dance training whilst trying to adjust to the crazy 8 hour time difference! Major jet lag! Let me fill you all know with what's been happening so far.

Since I have been here I have been ridiculously inspired by everyone, LA is amazing especially in terms of dance and entertainment. On the 1st day whilst shopping at the Ralph's store around the corner from my apartment I saw Holly Valance! It was weird, everyone here has moved to LA for a specific reason, not many people have actually been raised in LA.... well where I'm staying anyway. I am staying with a few other friends from London who also dance, and we live quite near 'The Valley.' So those of you that watch 'The Hills' will know what I am talking about lol.

I have been taking about 3/4 classes a day so far, but I am still adjusting to a few things. In my free time so far I have been to Melrose where I was able to check out one of the brands that heavily inspires me, 'Johnny Cupcakes.' Visiting his shop was a must whilst in LA!! The store is amazing!! But it was just my luck that as soon as I come to LA, Johnny Cupcakes decides to go to London.. arghhhh!!




I will be purchasing some exclusive in store tees before I leave!
I also checked out Kid Robot, I think I am a fan! There stuff is awesome! Probably going to get a few things if I have enough money left over!


Since I have been here I have realised that the whole vibe is different to London. Everyone here is so laid back and chilled. Although it's a different country and a different culture, it is so funny that although we speak the same language sometimes when I speak I am not understood! Words like 'water' and 'dance' I have to repeat to some people in an 'American accent' for them to understand lol.

It's been so much fun out here, I don't want to leave! Oh and any guy that comes to LA go to Hooters!! Baring in mind I was with 3 girls and 1 other guy, going to eat in this place, I was kinda shocked lol. But it was awesome. I will say no more, just find it!


So that is what has been happening so far in LA. I will upload some pics and keep everyone updated as much as possible with the goings on over here, even though I get home mad late from a tiring day of dance!
An update on Youneek.... I phoned home this week, and my Dad said that I had received a letter from the IPO Office.... And yes.... Youneek is officially trademarked!!!!!! I can now add that little 'R' in a circle when using the logo, whooopieeee!!



Until next time guys, keep following the blog. Add yourself to the Facebook group - Youneek Clothing, add the Twitter - www.twitter.com/iamyouneek. Keep plugged in. YAAAAAAASSSSS!!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment